Friday, February 02, 2007

Johnson County Kids.

I was blessed this past summer by being invited by Johnson County Juvenile services to work with their first time offendors and try to help turn some young lives around. We took them out to a Ranch I manage and take care in south central Texas. It sprawls across 2 counties and is full of Texas history. We started the day with me showing them around, started with a log cabin that Charles Goodnight helped build, took them down through the woods and creeks and showed them wildlife sign and tracks. Up to a hill we call School Tree where many years ago they use to actually hold school under a group of Oak trees that grow out of one root sysytem. We wrapped up the day fishing the stock tanks and creeks and had a lunch break under a stand of Oaks. I can only hope that in some small way I made a difference in there lives. If we helped one then it was all worth while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home